Before Your First Grooming Appointment
Designer Paw Salon requires for the safety of our staff and the other pets in our care, pets to be up to date on vaccinations. We prefer them to be faxed before your 1st visit with us. If your appointment is on a weekend please ensure your Veterinarian is open should we need to call and confirm your pets vaccinations to avoid a $25 cancellation fee. Pets MUST wait 2 days after vaccinations are given before they can be groomed. Most pets don’t feel right after a vaccination or pain in the injection site and we want to make sure they have time to recover so that their experience with us is always fun and enjoyable.
We also accept Titer testing if it is current within three years and must be faxed on letter head from your veterinarian. If your pet can no longer receive vaccinations we require a letter from your veterinarian stating that your pet is not able to be vaccinated due to medical reasons.
- Dog Vaccinations REQUIRED: Rabies, DHPP, and Bordatella
- Cat Vaccinations REQUIRED: Rabies, FVRCP
Arriving at Designer Paws Salon
- Always arrive a few minutes early to allow your dog to "take care of business" before entering the salon so it doesn’t do it in the lobby or in the cage.
- Please be conscientious of the groomer's time and be on time for your appointment. If you are more then 10 minutes late for your appointment you will be asked to reschedule and a $25 cancellation will apply.
- All dogs must be leashed and remain leashed and under owners control while in the lobby. Cats must be in carriers for the safety of the cat while in our lobby.
Additional charges during grooming
- Flea removal: If you are aware of your pet that has a flea problem let us know when checking in so we may isolate it from our pets. There will be a $15 fee for flea shampoo.
- Dematting/Matted: If your pet has mats that we can brush out we will be happy to do so at the rate of $1.45 a minute ($87/hour) on top of the grooming price. Some pets may have mats that have to be shaved due to the nature of the matting. There will be an additional $15 on up on top of the grooming price due to the severity of the matting if you decide to have us shave the mats out.
- Handling: Some pet will require extra time or extra hands due to old age, to help stand your pet up, or aggressive behavior. This starts at $20 on up and is on a case by case basis. Designer Paws Salon has no problem accommodating any needs your pet may have.
Appointment Cancellation/Late Pick-up Fees
- 48 Hour Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please do so 48 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment to avoid the cancellation fee. If you cancel without just cause within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment, you "no-show," or do not have up to date vaccination records which forfeits your appointment, a $25 appointment cancellation fee will apply.
- Close of business late pick up fees: We respect your time and hope you respect ours. We hope you understand that like you, we have family, and plans after we leave work. We charge $2/minute for every minute you are late past close of business.
Your pet is the star
We reserve the right to photograph/video your pet for use in promotional material for Designer Paws Salon.Safety at Designer Paws Salon